Inspire your students to achieve the Common Core Standards by using the interactive Student Goal Folder system! Goal Folders can be used in any classroom and at any grade level. It’s a simple and straight forward program that spans the entire school year! All you need are file folders (one per student) and various goal charts. Use the goal charts included in this packet (see Goal Charts Overview), and/or create your own to match the Common Core ‘BIG Learnings’ focused on at your grade level. Once you’ve determined the goals and charts you want to use, staple them into file folders, one for each student. Let the students decorate their folders, and you’re off and running for the year. It’s that simple! Students will be proud to share their Goal Folders with their parents, too!
Once your students have their own goal folders, set aside a regular time each week/month for students to revisit their goals and update their progress on their charts. When your students revisit their goals on a regular basis it makes them personal and real. It also shows them that their hard work pays off! They’ll become much more aware of their own personal goals and work harder to achieve them! Overtime, you’ll see how eager your students are to keep track of their own personal progress. It will give them a sense of pride and accomplishment when they can see their improvement right before their eyes!
This is the first system I’ve ever used where students have clearly understood their goals, and have eagerly strived to achieve them!
* What are Student Goal Folders?
* Goal Charts Overview and Explanation (3 pages)
* Suggestions and Ideas for Use in the Classroom
* Goal Progress Monitoring Chart (Blackline)
* Reading Log Charts (2) (Blackline)
* Dibles and DAZE Chart (Blackline)
* Battle of the Books Chart (Intermediate) (Blackline)
* Mini Battle of the Books Chart (3rd Grade) (Blackline)
* Fact Fluency Timed Test Chart (Blackline)
* Fact Fluency Timed Test Blank Chart (Blackline)