Student Goal Setting Cards - Editable Templates with I Can Statements for SEL
What educators are saying
Also included in
- Make teaching SEL easy with all the resources in this bundle! Everything you need to fully immerse students in SEL while still being authentic and meaningful is all in one place. These social emotional learning resources can be used throughout the year and many of them can be used more than once. HPrice $21.25Original Price $26.50Save $5.25
Help your students succeed in the classroom with these student goal setting templates. These goal cards with I can statements are the perfect addition to your classroom as they help engage students in social emotional learning as they try to understand and manage their own behavior.
Encourage student goal setting with 30 different student desk reminders in the form of “I can” statements. This resource is editable so you can make your own desk reminder cards for students. These student reminders go great on the corner of a student’s desk - they even fit PERFECTLY in the target adhesive pockets!
“I can” statements included with these student goal setting templates…
- monitor my voice
- keep my hands on task
- stay in my seat
- raise my hand
- stay on task
- listen when the teacher is talking
- do my personal best
- write neatly
- respect others’ work
- follow directions
- show my work
- stay calm
- show self control
- be polite
- use my manners
- make good choices
- keep my hands and feet to myself
- be respectful
- think before I speak
- be an active listener
- use my strategies
- use my reading strategies
- use my math strategies
- write in complete sentences
- keep my desk neat and tidy
- be kind
- use supplies correctly
- work quietly
- share with others
- use my device correctly
- complete my work
- participate in class
- complete homework
- move on quickly
- transition quietly
- let little things go
I will continue to add different reminders, but there is also a ppt file for you to add your own text and clipart!
You will LOVE these student goal setting templates because they will help you manage your classroom and help your students understand the importance of behavior management. Students can work towards specific goals and be rewarded for their dedication.
You can use these resources to help with goal setting for individual students or for a whole class. These templates can be used during the entire school year and can be set up during morning meetings.
Students will LOVE being in charge of their own behavior plans and will use these desk goals as reminders for behavior to help them stay on track.
What teachers are saying about these student goal setting templates…
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ “These goal cards are wonderful. I use them with the WBT improvement wall and it has been a very helpful visual for my students. They know that if they can follow the task on their desk, they earn an improvement. Your designs are so cute and I love the variety that you have included.” - Sara O.
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ “My students love this resources! It makes setting personal goals seamless for students! My students love to choose a new one for their desk each week.” - Grade3with MC
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ “My students loved these goal cards! They are a wonderful resource and visual for them and other adults entering the room to reinforce positive behaviors.” - Jasmine W.
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
- Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you use to lower the cost of your future purchases. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you. ☺
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
- Look for the green star next to my store logo and click it to become a follower. Voila! You will now receive email updates about this store. ☺
Please email me with any questions at all! firstname.lastname@example.org