Looking for a quick and easy way to make sure your students know their grades? I made this to use in my own classroom and am now offering it as a Word document so you can adjust the details to meet your own needs.
- Space for student username/password information
- Charts for 4 grading periods, divided into 2 semesters
- Space for weekly reporting of grades
- Space for parent verification
- Space for semester averages
- Fully editable to meet your specific needs
HOW I USE THIS IN MY CLASSROOM:
- Students keep this sheet in the grades section of their Class Binder.
- Each Thursday evening, students must check their grades online (we use Engrade, an online gradebook program) and record the three percentages reported in each column.
- If students are earning below 70% (a C- in our building), a parent must sign. This is a quick and easy way to make sure parents are in the loop if their child is struggling!
- On Friday at the start of class, I circulate the room and award homework credit (partial credit if info is missing or a needed parent signature isn't present). I initial or stamp next to it to verify I checked the work.