Having co-taught as a special education teacher in the regular classrooms for nearly 10 years now, I've learned a thing or two on how to keep the special education students in the classroom on task, taking notes, and organized. I have also applied my tricks to my students who are included in the regular classroom without the need for a co-teacher.
I have decided to put everything I have used into a Student Inclusion Binder.
Over the years, I have found myself handing out note taking sheet after note taking sheet. I have also handed out more agenda/assignment sheets than I could probably count up. I have started doing things a little differently now. My special education students who attend an inclusion class or co-taught class now have their own Student Inclusion Binder. Instead of relying on me to hand them the papers they need, they now have access to everything at their fingertips in their binder.
Yes, this take a little of my time to prepare, but it also saves me SO much time in the long run.
Each binder is created/geared toward the student who will be using it. I'm fortunate enough to have all of my caseload students for one period a day. They are able to assemble their own binders during this class period, with my help.
These binders are wonderful for my special education students. Everything they need is in one place - both the binder pages I hand to them and the worksheets/handouts/etc. given by the regular education teacher. ALSO - regular education students can utilize some of the binder pages as well. I have listed all pages included below. As a special education teacher in the co-taught classroom, both the regular education teacher and myself provide help to all students.
What's All Included:
- You will be receiving 13 different cover pages. The cover pages were created in PowerPoint and allow you to type in the students' names and the school year.
- You will be receiving divider tabs to separate each class/period that is in each student's inclusion binder. Tab options include 2, 3, 4, 6, 8, and 10 tabs. The tab divider pages were created in PowerPoint and allow you to type in the class/period. Directions on how I create the divider tabs are also included with photos.
- You will be receiving 1 non-editable PowerPoint document of all the student binder pages AND 1 completely editable PowerPoint document of all of the student binder pages. The non-editable PowerPoint allows you to insert text boxes into the pages you wish to use, whereas the editable PowerPoint allows you to type directly into the tables/charts I have provided.
Student Binder Pages Included:
- 3 options of classroom schedules (6, 8, & 10 periods)
- 1 Accommodations and Modifications page
- a 2019 calendar pages (6 months per page - will be updated yearly)
- an Important Dates page (to keep track of assignments/activities/etc. by month)
- 1 What's Going on This Week page (a weekly agenda page)
- 2 options of Password Keeper pages
- 1 page to write down all important e-mails
- 4 options of Assignment Tracker pages
- 4 options of Assessment Tracker pages
- 1 Project Planning page
- 2 Reading Journal pages
- 1 Essay Planning page
- 1 Comparison Writing template page
- 1 Persuasive Writing template page
- 2 options for keeping track of Vocabulary Concepts
- 2 options of templates for writing Class Notes
- 1 page for keeping track of Definitions
- 1 page for keeping track of important Events
- 1 page for keeping track of Formulas
- 1 page for keeping track of Equations
- 1 page for keeping track of Questions students might have but don't want to ask out loud
- 1 Mini Charts Page (my students use these to tape their mini charts to)
*You do not need to own my Mini Charts to have this Student Inclusion Binder. I simply included this page as a bonus for those that do own my Mini Charts.
For all PowerPoint documents that I have added text boxes that say "Insert Text," if you'd rather hand write - just delete the text boxes before printing.
I encourage you to look at the Previews, that I have provided located above, before purchasing. The video preview shows how I set up my Student Inclusion Binders for students on my caseload.
If you have any additional questions PLEASE feel free to e-mail me. I am more than willing to answer any questions about this product or any other product in my shop.
Want to see this resource and others put to use in my classroom?