When I set up interactive notebooks, I think that it is important to be clear about expectations. This file includes: objectives, guidelines, expectations, contract, rubric, and a grade recording sheet.
The rest of the file is dedicated to 3 different areas of the interactive notebook.
1. Unit assignments- preview assignments (title pages) and dictionary entries
2. Note-Taking (left-side activities- usually)- cycle organizer, t-chart/table, flow chart, classify and categorize charts, 2-column notes, scientific drawings
3. Reflection assignments (right-side activities)- 5 finger retell, moving motions, CD cover, 3-2-1 summary, magazine cover, acrostic poem, cinquain poem, concept map, story board, Venn diagram
• Designed specifically for science interactive notebooks.
• Can be printed in color or in black on colored paper.
• Includes objectives, guidelines, expectations, contract, rubric, and grade recording sheet.
• Detailed student instructions for 18 higher level thinking easy-to-use strategies.
• Great reference to be glued in the front of students’ interactive notebooks to be referred to throughout the year!