**This is an editable, black and white version of the Student Instructions and Strategies for Science Interactive Notebooks. This file was created in powerpoint, and can be easily made into a pdf after editing. Please be aware that the formatting may be different on your computer and that you may have to reformat some items before printing. This version does not include the decorative background or special fonts.
When I set up interactive notebooks, I think that it is important to be clear about expectations. This file includes: objectives, guidelines, expectations, contract, rubric, and a grade recording sheet.
The rest of the file is dedicated to 3 different areas of the interactive notebook.
1. Unit assignments- preview assignments (title pages) and dictionary entries
2. Note-Taking (left-side activities- usually)- cycle organizer, t-chart/table, flow chart, classify and categorize charts, 2-column notes, scientific drawings
3. Reflection assignments (right-side activities)- 5 finger retell, moving motions, CD cover, 3-2-1 summary, magazine cover, acrostic poem, cinquain poem, concept map, story board, Venn diagram
• Designed specifically for science interactive notebooks.
• Can be printed in color or in black on colored paper.
• Includes objectives, guidelines, expectations, contract, rubric, and grade recording sheet.
• Detailed student instructions for 18 higher level thinking easy-to-use strategies.
• Great reference to be glued in the front of students’ interactive notebooks to be referred to throughout the year!