I am an Emmy-award winning broadcast journalist and an experienced educator and I love to introduce scholastic journalists to this very exciting storytelling format!
VO/SOT packages require careful attention to detail in order to be clear about both the visual and written story components.
A Student Journalist’s Guide to Writing a Broadcast VO/SOT Script is a comprehensive lesson plan that teaches broadcast journalism students how to properly write in the VO/SOT PACKAGE script format.
It is 8 pages total and includes:
• a reference handout with highlighted vocabulary
• step-by-step instruction for proper VO/SOT script format
• a complete example of a 1:20 VO/SOT news script
• a SCRIPT TEMPLATE for writing in 2-column format
• a VO/SOT Scriptwriting formative assessment/assignment
This product comes to you as a customizable Word document so that you may format and print each page as needed for your particular classroom purposes, e.g. overhead notes, resource handout, printable assignment, etc.
A Student Journalist’s Guide to Writing a Broadcast VO/SOT Script will provide an exceptional foundation for broadcast journalism students, giving them the tools to structure their original VO/SOT packages with accuracy and clarity!