Need a Student Leadership/Empowerment Unit? SEARCH no further! This is a complete unit with lesson plans and student worksheets. Also included are mindfulness lessons! Great way to teach students to be present, relaxed and less stressed.
Unit Purpose: The purpose of this unit is to empower middle and high school students to learn the following:
• Practicing mindfulness and being mindful individuals.
• Identifying and being aware of individual strengths and personal values.
• Finding our voices and being encouraged to use it.
• Seeing the change, so we can be change, and lead the change.
• Creating vision boards for this school year.
Overarching vision for this unit is to empower each student to find his/her inner voice, use it for self-advocacy, and find individual strengths so that each person is better understood.
The 6 Lessons are:
Lesson 1: Team Building & Mindfulness
Lesson 2: Awareness of Self and Values
Lesson 3: Finding Your Strengths
Lesson 4: Advocacy….Finding Your Voice
Lesson 5: I Am- Two of the Most Powerful Words
Lesson 6: What’s Your Vision?
What a unit on Personal Values? Check out this one!