For this Book Tasting, the students are in charge of putting together the reading cafe, not you! Students practice writing catchy book descriptions, writing in third person point of view, they practice manipulating and arranging images on Google Slides, writing for an audience, giving and receiving feedback, and they get plenty of typing practice. It's a fun and engaging way to get students more excited about books. It's also a way to assess their reading comprehension.
This product includes:
* A link to a Google Slides template of a menu
* An introduction letter to send home
* Book Menu Planning Pages
* 3 different reading logs to choose from
* A Reading Cafe sign (insert your name)
* A "Welcome to our Book Tasting" sign
* "Compliments to the Chef" labels to glue on to paper plates
* Book Tasting invitations
* "Any books look tasty to you?" sheets for customers to fill out
* Student Chef table labels
* Chef Hat labels
- Don't forget to have your kids make chef hats and take their picture! It's easy, the kids can do it: just cut a poster board into 3" strips and tape one piece of tissue paper on.
You Will Need
* Access to open a Zip File
* Student access to Google Classroom and Google Slides
* Hello Fonts
* Wish You Were Taller font
* AG fonts
See my Instagram @nicest_teacher_ever for pictures of this engaging activity!