PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
This resource includes everything you will need to prepare your students for their conferences and successfully present their work to their families. This package includes:
- Student reflection sheets for learning skills, math, language, science, and social studies (a blank reflection sheet has been included for other subject areas)
- Goal setting sheets for students
- Parent reflection sheet
- Letters home informing families about the conferences
- Conference confirmation note
- Blank conference schedule
- Welcome letter for families on the date of the conference
- Student checklist for their conference
- Cards with instructions for showing hands-on math
- Family prompts to help them ask the student questions about the work
- Table numbers
- Six posters that can be displayed in your classroom to explain and inform students and parents about the Ontario learning skills and behaviours that correspond with them.
Suggestions on how to prepare your students for their conference by choosing work, writing reflections, and setting goals are included. Suggestions are also included for ways to practise for the conferences and how to organize the conferences so they run smoothly.
I hope you find this resource helpful for the planning, organizing and implementing of student-led conferences in your classroom.
Look for other resources in our store to help
support your students.