Student Name Plaques for desks activity. Perfect for the first day of school. It is a great activity for learning students' names and helping them to learn their peers names too!
★★★Purchase the Back to School Bundle★★★
Purchase other fun and engaging activities like this one in the Back to School Activities Galore bundle
. By purchasing the bundle instead of individual worksheets you will save 60%!!! Click Here To View!
Knowing and using students' names right from the start of the year is extremely important for building relationships and classroom management. But learning that many names is hard! This name plaques activity is fun, great for assessing students' ability to follow instructions and means you can use and learn students names right from the word go! It is also helpful for students needing to learn the names of their peers.
Directions For Use – Student Name Plaques
> 1 x A4 piece of card for each student.
> Dark, thick pens or markers for writing clear and visible names.
> Coloring in equipment for students.
> Glue for each student.
1. Create an exemplar of the name plaque to show students. Also, have a blank piece of unfolded card ready to model each step below to students.
2. Show students how to fold their card into quarters (see previous page) .
3. Model how to write your name facing up on the third quarter then turn the piece of card around 180 degrees to write your name in the opposite direction. The names should both face towards the centre (see previous page). Tell students to make sure their name is large enough to be read (it should fill most of the space) and to write in pencil first in case they write their name too big or small and need to try again.
4. Students write over the pencil using a clear, dark and visible marker.
5. Students then spend time decorating the rest of the space on the plaque. Encourage them to decorate it with colors and objects that reflect their personality and likes.
6. Fold the paper and glue the two end pieces together (one under the other).
7. Voila! You have made a rectangular prism name plaque!
If you liked this product, you might also enjoy these products. Click the links and check them out now!
Four Operations Board Games Bundle (addition, subtraction, multiplication and division)
No Cost, Trackable Classroom Rewards Wall Display
Stay updated on my products and network with other teachers.
Click here to follow me on Facebook.
Click here to follow me on Pinterest
Feedback and Ratings:
A big thank you to everyone who leaves a rating or feedback. It earns you TPT credits (which you can use to reduce the cost of future purchases) but it also lets me know if you like my product and would like more of the same. I am so immensely thankful and humbled whenever someone takes the time to do this so please know that it is always greatly appreciated. :)
Thank you for reading and happy teaching!