These worksheets go hand in hand with the steps to the Independent Investigation Model (IIM). This is a teaching model that guides students through the research process. The steps are: topic, goal setting, research, organizing, goal evaluation, product, and presentation.
These worksheets can be used with research projects on ANY topic or subject. They will take students through the steps of the research project and will help them stay organized throughout the entire process.
The following worksheets are included:
- Step 1: Choose a Topic (students choose a topic and think about what they need to know about the topic)
- Step 2: Goal Setting (students create goals for their research and choose five essential questions)
- Step 3: Research (students take notes on information they found in print and electronic resources)
- Step 4: Organizing (students organize their notes into categories)
- Step 5: Goal Evaluation (students determine if they met their goals and answer the essential questions)
- Step 6: product (students choose what product they will use to present their research and come up with a plan for making that product)