These Response/Reaction Cards created by MIss Winning's Classroom can be used for a wide variety of Reading and Listening Activities in all subject areas, by students of all ages and levels. Promotes Metacognition/Metacognitive Thinking!
3 pages each of 3 kinds of response cards to print and cut for each student
- "checkmark" symbol:
----- means “I knew that already!” or "I understand!"
- "exclamation mark" symbol:
----- means “That’s new information I’m learning!” or "That's surprising to me!"
- "question mark" symbol:
----- means “I’m confused" or "I don’t understand" or "I need to know more
- Cards have student numbers on the bottom (up to #30) for easy assignment and re-use by students from year to year (and easy return of lost or misplaced cards).
- There are 5 extra cards in each set with NO numbers on them, for easy replacement of lost cards or for the teacher to label with customized names (or numbers in groups/classes larger than 30).
- cut and laminate cards to make them last longer
- put magnetic tape on the back for each attachment/storage on the sides of student desks (quick and easy to find when needed!) OR attach to popsicle sticks to create a set of "response paddles".
- Keep students engaged!
- Monitor engagement AND comprehension of individuals OR whole groups!
- Use during Read Alouds, especially with Non-Fiction Texts.
- Use during Guided Reading lessons or other small group activities in any subject, facilitated or led by students OR the teacher.
- Use while students listen to other students' presentations, or when there is a guest presenter!
- Students can use to monitor own comprehension while reading assigned texts in a wide variety of subjects (Social Studies, Math, Science, Language Arts/English, Art, Drama, P.E., Health Education, Career Education, Religious Studies, and MANY more!)
- MANY other uses!
NOTE: You can choose to change the 'meaning' of the symbols if you wish, even from activity to activity, if your students are mature enough to handle the different meanings for different tasks.
Student Response/Reaction Cards for Reading and Listening Activities
by Miss Winning's Classroom
is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License
Please remember to help me out by RATING and giving FEEDBACK! Happy Teaching!