This student silent reading log increases student accountability when silent reading.
It increases accountability through a variety of ways:
- Each day of silent reading includes a task (1-10 tasks)
- Each task is a comprehension strategy and involves higher-order thinking
- Some tasks require students to share their work with their peers and give a signature to hold one another accountable
The only thing that needs to be done is numbering the blank column under question/task 1-10 in whatever order you decide so that students know what task to work on which day.
The different tasks are as follows:
3. Making predictions
4. Journal entry (point of view)
5. Title change (summarizing)
6. Book Critique (evaluating/justifying)
8. Free Write
10. Evaluating (favorite part)