Student Survey & Quick-Writes ~ Great for Interactive Notebooks and Writing Fluency!
Engage your students at the beginning of the year with the survey and guide them through the writing process throughout the school year to build WRITING FLUENCY.
*The survey writing prompts make great homework assignments or activities to leave with a sub.
• Use the full-sheet survey if you use full-sized writing folders, or have your students glue the half-sheets in their interactive notebooks instead.
• The survey can be filled out anytime, but it’s especially good to have students complete it on the first day of school or sometime during the first week while you’re busy with beginning-of-the-year paperwork and assessing/leveling students.
• Use the completed survey as a getting-to-know you partner or group share activity.
• For quick-writes throughout the year, choose topics from the survey for fun and easy writing projects.
• full-sized student survey pages for writing folders.
• half-sheet student survey pages for interactive notebooks.
• eleven different writing topics based on the student survey for practice throughout the year.
• brainstorming/prewriting suggestions and organizers (circle map and bubble map).
• personalized prewriting graphic organizers for each topic, with and without space for a hook and clever conclusion, with and without clip art.
• various publishing page choices for each topic: two line sizes, with and without clipart, with and without space for illustrations.
• “generic” organizers and publishing pages for new topics
• prewriting graphic organizer examples (one paragraph and five paragraph essay).
• writing examples (one paragraph and five paragraph essay).
You might also like:
Quick-Writes with Lists
Back to School Activity Pack ~ Getting to Know You
Common Core Writing Bundle #1 ~ Intermediate
Common Core Writing Bundle #2 ~ Intermediate
**Feel free to email me at: firstname.lastname@example.org**
Tags: quick write - quick writes - quick writing – quick write practice – quick writing practice - quick writes packet - quick writing packet – quick write lessons – quick writing lessons - quick write activities - quick writing activities - quick write graphic organizers - quick writing graphic organizers - quick write project - quick write projects – quick writing project – quick writing projects - quick write printables – quick writing printables - quick writing process - quick writing brainstorming - quick writing prewriting - quick writing rough draft - quick writing drafting - quick writing revising - quick writing editing - quick writing publishing – quick write fluency - quick writing fluency – writing fluency lessons – writing fluency practice - writing fluency packet - writing fluency activities - writing fluency printables – graphic organizers - writing fluency project - writing fluency projects – student survey project - student survey packet - student survey lesson - student survey graphic organizer - student survey interactive notebook