This product is a collection of reference guides I use in my student's yearly writing folders. The content of the product includes:
- The writing folder front cover which explains basic criteria needed for student writing to include name, date, capital letters, punctuation and spaces between words.
- The writing folder back cover which is a mini word wall reference guide of frequently used early grade words.
- A word bank where students can record words that they may use frequently in their personal writing, or words that cover classroom topics.
- A personal writing ideas paper to help students suffering from "writer's block".
- A brief overview of the writing process (with pictures to help students).
- A teaching guide which gives ideas on how to use the different pages and how to assemble a writing folder for your students.
I assemble a writing folder for each child that lasts them the entire school year. It gives them a place to store their creative writing and portfolio pages that we complete in class, and gives them references they can use to become successful writers. Other pages can be added into the writing folders as you chose- such as an overview of the different writing projects for the school year, a class list of friends' names, any writing rubrics used in your own classroom, etc. Look at my TPT store for many different creative writing ideas!