PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Do you have students who are experts in an area that you are studying or an area of interest for your other students? This is the perfect way to give them a small amount of time to present their expertise to the class. It is extremely versatile!
How have I used this?
- This has been used as a whole-class assignment, or as an enrichment project.
- They could prepare at school, but mostly this has been an on-your-own-time activity.
- I have used it with 2nd-6th graders. The difficulty depends on the topics chosen!
Types of students who benefit:
- Fast finishers
- ALL ABILITY LEVELS
- Artistic students (my best was a learn to draw a _ demo from an at-risk student)
- High-ability students who need practice synthesizing information into basic terms
- Students who love to work on extra projects at home
- Students who need practice with communication/language skills
- I use this as a Friday activity, but it could be incorporated into any calendar.
- I have used this both as an optional assignment and as a required assignment.
- I have each student choose 2 compliments from the class at the end of each presentation. It is a great climate-builder and the compliments get very detailed and genuine as the year goes on.