- Product Description
Do you have students who are experts in an area that you are studying or an area of interest for your other students? This is the perfect way to give them a small amount of time to present their expertise to the class. It is extremely versatile!
How have I used this?
- This has been used as a whole-class assignment, or as an enrichment project.
- They could prepare at school, but mostly this has been an on-your-own-time activity.
- I have used it with 2nd-6th graders. The difficulty depends on the topics chosen!
Types of students who benefit:
- Fast finishers
- ALL ABILITY LEVELS
- Artistic students (my best was a learn to draw a _ demo from an at-risk student)
- High-ability students who need practice synthesizing information into basic terms
- Students who love to work on extra projects at home
- Students who need practice with communication/language skills
- I use this as a Friday activity, but it could be incorporated into any calendar.
- I have used this both as an optional assignment and as a required assignment.
- I have each student choose 2 compliments from the class at the end of each presentation. It is a great climate-builder and the compliments get very detailed and genuine as the year goes on.