Comprehensive yet concise study sheets
on nutrition and diet as taught in a typical 8 – 12th grade biology unit.
Contains 8 pages
of summary notes that make excellent study/review guides. Black and white for easy printing, copying and scanning.
- What is nutrition?
- Macro vs. micronutrients
- Essential vs. nonessential minerals
- Essential vs. nonessential vitamins
- 6 major types of nutrients (carbohydrates, proteins, lipids, vitamins, minerals, water)
- Phytochemicals (antioxidants, phytoestrogens, sulfur compounds, dietary fiber)
- Soluble vs. insoluble fiber
- Energy in foods
- Energy content for the 3 macronutrients (carbohydrates, proteins, lipids)
- Measuring energy in foods (calorimetry)
- Energy needs per person
- Nutrient needs per person
- RDAs vs. ESSADIs vs. DRIs
- Dietary guidelines for Americans
- Food labels
- Reading food labels
You Might Also Like:
- Study Sheet - Biochemistry
- Study Sheet - Cells, Tissues and Organs
- Study Sheet - Classification and Taxonomy
- Study Sheet - Ecology and Population Dynamics
- Study Sheet - Evolution and Natural Selection
- Study Sheet - Heredity and Genetics
- Study Sheet - Human Organ Systems
- Study Sheet - Immune System and Immunology
- Study Sheet - Plants
- Study Sheet - Properties of Water
- Study Sheet - Lab Equipment
- Study Sheet - Lab Techniques
- Study Sheet - Microscopy
- Study Sheet - SI System, Unit Conversions, Significant Figures
Connect with More Science With Mr. Enns Resources:
Be sure to follow my TpT store by clicking on the Follow Me
next to my seller picture to receive notifications of new products and upcoming sales.
Copyright © Douglas Enns
. All rights reserved by author. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Clipart and elements found in this document are copyrighted and cannot be extracted and used outside of this file without permission or license. Intended for classroom and personal use ONLY.