1. Students will understand that every person learns differently and that a myriad of tools, graphic organizers, organizational styles, study skills, and test preparation strategies exist.
2. Students will understand that people define success differently. They will develop their own definition of success, identify barriers, and set goals to determine how they will achieve it.
3. Students will learn more about themselves and how to customize “student success skills” to fit their needs.
4. Students will explore and define the SCHOOL culture and determine how their actions can preserve and improve the culture for future students.
5. Students will appreciate the differences of others; learn to work effectively together and how to succeed as a team.
● Discover individual learning, personal preferences and styles.
● Distinguish the importance and relevance of ancillary concepts necessary for effective learning.
○ Competency in note taking, reading, organization, testing and research techniques.
● Awareness of self as a worthy and capable human being.
● Recognition of others as sources of assistance, support and motivation