This file is Chapter 3 – Time Management from my 9 week Study Skills Course Curriculum – you can purchase the entire Study Skills Course Curriculum of 77 pages, HERE
I first developed my series of study skill instruction when I was asked by my administrator to teach a 9 week Study Skills course to 6th graders. I taught my course for 3 years. Two of my colleagues also taught the course, using this curriculum that I developed.
It would be very easy to simply print off this file, hand it to students and ask them to complete it. And they probably would, very quickly even. But this would not be very beneficial to the majority of students.
✓This file is most effective when students are guided through it by the teacher.
This file includes material for discussion and activities in the following areas:
* Students track their time for 3 days.
* Benefits of planners & to-do lists.
* HOW to use a planner effectively every day.
* Putting together a planner & setting time aside for study sessions.
* Evaluating how students use their time.
* Identifying the difference between needs and wants with how we spend time.
* Identify where habits can be changed to overcome challenges.
Includes: One file in printer friendly format for distribution to students and one file for the teacher on teaching study skills.