This file is Chapter 5 – Research & Planning Projects from my 9 week Study Skills Course Curriculum - you can purchase the entire Study Skills Course Curriculum of 77 pages, HERE
I first developed my series of study skill instruction when I was asked by my administrator to teach a 9 week Study Skills course to 6th graders. I taught my course for 3 years. Two of my colleagues also taught the course, using this curriculum that I developed.
It would be very easy to simply print off this file, hand it to students and ask them to complete it. And they probably would, very quickly even. But this would not be very beneficial to the majority of students.
✓This file is most effective when students are guided through it by the teacher.
This file includes material for discussion and activities in the following areas:
* Develop your research skills.
* Get to know reference books.
* Conducting research in the library – include your librarian!
* Understanding atlases, almanacs, encyclopedias, dictionaries, and thesaurus.
* Step-by-Step process for completing ANY project.
* Using a planning sheet for projects.
* A practice project to put your skills to the test.
Includes: One file in printer friendly format for distribution to students and one file for the teacher on teaching study skills.