Homework is a struggle for a large percent of the student population, especially for at-risk students. Students often lack the skills, habits, and resources to complete their homework. This lesson focuses on teaching students how to overcome many of the key homework obstacles and how to become their own homework coach.
Objectives - Students will be able to:
• Explain why doing homework is important.
• Identify common homework obstacles.
• Explain how best to overcome common homework obstacles.
• Identify and describe proven homework strategies.
1) PowerPoint Presentation linked to the Reading Sheets.
2) Why Homework is Important: Reading Comprehension Worksheet
3) Overcoming Homework Obstacles and Becoming Your Own Homework Coach and Reading Comprehension Worksheet.
4) Proven Homework Strategies: Reading Comprehension Worksheet.
5) Worksheet: OUTLINE with Proven Homework Strategies.
6) Assessment: Multiple choice, Fill-in, and True or False.
7) Homework Log.
Other valuable Study Skills lessons are:
LEARNING TO BE ORGANIZED, ORGANIZATION, STRATEGIES
LEARNING TO STUDY, STUDY STRATEGIES
Feedback is Greatly Appreciated
Michael K. Powell