Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Study Skills and Life Skills
The Importance of Being Organized
Organization is a necessity for success. There are many studies showing a strong correlation between organizational skills and a person’s success in school and the workplace. Unfortunately, many students lack even basic organization skills to effectively succeed in school or survive in the real world after high school. This lesson focuses on teaching students the importance of organization and key organizational strategies.
• Identify three areas in one’s life in which organization plays an
• Describe how disorganization can be harmful in school, the
workplace, and in our daily life
• Identify key organizational strategies.
• Explain how to best master being organized for life.
• Apply organization strategies to a real life situation.
Included in the lesson
1. Two detailed lesson plans
2 .Two PowerPoints Presentation
3.The Importance of Being Organized; reading comprehension
4.Getting Organized, Organizational Strategies; reading
5. Worksheet: Disorganized, Analysis
6. Worksheet: Getting Organized; Apply Organizational Strategies
7. Assessment: (multiple choice, True or False, Fill-in)
8. Three organization lists/sheets to help students become better
9. Worksheets: Key Term and Word Search
Feedback is Greatly Appreciated