New reduced price!!!
UPDATED July 2, 2018
This is the WORD version. This unit is also available in PDF format at a lower cost.
Note that while I try to update as frequently as possible, sometimes the Internet links (which are NOT the basis for the content) may change.
Study Skills 101 Unit for teenagers. No textbook needed. A book, video, and other products of mine on TPT are recommended for use, but aren't required.
• Bellringers, critical thinking questions, integrated academics, six internet quizzes, Internet resource sites, a cooperative learning activity, and a poster rubric.
• Whole Class Guided Discussion and Review activity.
• Two video links for help with the essay content.
• 12 Inspirational posters that can also be used as additional bellringers/critical thinking activities.
• Presentations Tip Sheet
• Assessments include a content-laden Fill-in-the Blank with word bank, a refresher Fill-in-the-blank activity with word bank, a Test-Taking Tips Test, an essay and a Study Skills Poster.
• Answers keys are included.
• A fun way to review is provided.
This Study Skills Unit can easily be expanded upon, or you may pick and choose which activities fit your needs. The Unit could run as long as two weeks or shorter, depending on which activities you choose.
Who can use:
Any classroom teacher can easily use these activities as mini-lessons to use three to five times a week in addition to classroom content. This Study Skills Unit can be used for homeschooling. Each activity can be used as a whole group or cooperative learning or individually. The unit could be used as an individual self-study for alternative school curriculum.
Other items for sale that correspond:
I have a corresponding Study Skills PowerPoint and Study Skills Quiz Cards available for purchase separately. (Study Skills Fill-in-the-blank is included in this Unit, so don't buy that if you buy this Unit.)