Studying English - Section A from Creating Compelling Conversations
GIVE YOUR STUDENTS A CHOICE AND A VOICE!
Spark curiosity and encourage student participation with this thematic collection of webquest activities from Creating Compelling Conversations: Reproducible Search and Share Activities for English Teachers (available July 1st via Amazon).
Part research assignment and part group discussion, Search and Share helps students deepen critical thinking skills, expand English vocabulary, and create compelling conversations. Designed primarily for intermediate and advanced English language learners, these flexible exercises ask students to explore and share their personal interests with classmates in a safe, focused manner on chosen themes. As a result, each English class leads to different discussions and stays current, allowing learners to take ownership of their expanding language skills in an appealing, communicative style.
MAKE EACH LESSON UNIQUE
All units from Creating Compelling Conversations remain adaptable to a variety of English classrooms. Each reproducible lesson is self-contained, allowing English teachers to use or lose as they see fit.
In this section, Studying English, topics include:
- Getting to Know Each Other: Ice Breakers
- Finding English Pronunciation Tips on YouTube! Reviewing Pronunciation Tips on YouGlish
- Reviewing Stress Patterns in English
- Listening to the Radio and Learning English!
- TED Talk
- Discussing Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.’s Dream
- Becoming an Independent Reader
- Learning English Through Song
- Mirroring: A Pronunciation Technique
What will your students choose? What will they share? Let’s find out!
Ask More. Know More. Share More. Create Compelling Conversations!