"Boy, those French ! They have a different word for everything." Steve Martin (American comedian ~ 1945)
Twelve ready-to-use lesson plans
for the sub who does * n-o-t *
Feeling overwhelmed sometimes ?
Too many preps ?
Stacks of papers to grade ?
Yet another meeting to go to ?
This resource will save you precious time because everything is ready-to-use.
These substitute lesson plans provide an informative lesson for your class through exposure to the various aspects of the language, culture, history and geography of the French-speaking countries. Please note that some plans require using reference books in the school library or online resources.
The plans are suitable for any level. I always had so many preps that, to simplify things for the sub and to simply save time, I had all my classes do the same plan in my absence. It worked remarkably well.
Some plans also have Minitests for meaningful follow-up.
10 Sub Plans
1. In the Know
2. Can We Talk - French ?
3. Un Abécédaire
4. Regardez bien !
5. Le savez-vous ?
6. Nous, on parle français !
7. Les Numéros
8. Measuring Metric
9. Quel temps fait-il ?
10. Les jours de la semaine
PLUS two bonus lessons
11. 40 Fascinating Facts
12. European Cities From A to Z
Answer keys are provided where necessary.
Twelve plans in all to keep your students connected to French and the French-speaking world.
Is your administration frowning on the use of movies with a substitute ?
Then these plans are for you as they involve no movies (please see my Movie*Pacs).
These substitute lesson plans (or emergency lesson plans) are classroom-ready to make your job easier. (46 pages)
* Wondering what to do with that
one errant student assigned to ISS
(in-school suspension or in-house suspension) ?
This will be meaningful & positive work for them to do.
Below are a few teacher comments on my products.
One teacher said:
"I can tell that your ideas come from your experiences and really are sensible, fun and slide with ease into whatever text. I've been teaching for 27 years and have tried many approaches. Yours are the first materials that my students request by name - Sub*Pacs. I just wish I had more of them!"
Annette S., IN
And another said:
"Wow!!! Wow, wow, wow!!! I found this to be THE most helpful resource on TpT (and I have bought HUNDREDS of dollars' worth of stuff). I was so relieved to see activities that are truly low-prep (copying) and of a general enough level so that all my classes could do it and not feel like it was busywork/too challenging. I very enthusiastically recommend this product."
Candice L., VA
Want something novel to grab students' attention or use during National French Week ?
* French Teacher Sneakers
* French Teacher Casual Shoes
* French Teacher Tote Bag
If you like my products, please follow me by clicking on the little star near my name. Merci.
♥ .. On my home page, please click on the word FREE
in the left panel to see which products are currently free. ..
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Too little time for all your preps & grading & meetings & planning & PD ?
If you're looking for more ready-to-use resources, you may be interested in these other items in my store:
* Sub * Pac For French Class ~ Set 1
* Sub * Pac For French Class ~ Set 2
* SINGLE SUB PLANS NOW AVAILABLE *
. . Look for the brown polka dot cover . .
* Single Sub * Plan 1 For French
* Single Sub * Plan 2 For French
* Single Sub * Plan 3 For French
* Single Sub * Plan 4 For French
* Single Sub * Plan 5 For French
Prefer a savings ?
* French * Class Bundle ~ $7.00 for 7 ready-to-use resources
* Wish * List Bundle For Amy
.. Available to any other French teacher, too. Quite a savings with over 400 pages. ..
* World War I ~ The Great War Centennial Bundle
Or why not create your own special bundle ?
* Wish * List Bundle
Special Back-to-School Activities & Review Resources
* Back-To-School Review * Pac For French
* The Use of tu * vous In French .. It's free. ..
* A Light History Of The English Language For French Class
* The Color * Game For French Class .. Attention ! This can get pretty exciting ! ..
* Telling Time * Pac For French Class
* Le Passé Composé * Pac ~ Activities For French Class
* Menu * Project For French Class
.. Great back-to-school activity for level 2. This makes a nice bulletin board or hall display of student work for Open House night. ..
* Card Game * Pac For French Class
* Wordle Activity * Pac For French .. Be prepared for Excitement with a capital 'E' ! ..
* Practice * Pac ~ savoir et connaître
* Tissue * Box Project For French Class .. A great back-to-school review project. ..
Customs & Life in France
* Wedding * Customs In France
* School * Pac For French
* Le Marquis de Lafayette * Pac
* Julia Child * Fabled French Chef
* Coco Chanel * Pac
* Coco Chanel * Trivia Game
* November 1st * Tombstone Project For French
.. Nice for La Toussaint. ..
* The Great * War Centennial ~ In Flanders Fields
* Twenty-five Un-famous People of The Great War Who Became Famous
* Christmas * Pac For French Class
* Mardi gras * Masks For French Class
* La St.-Valentin ♥ Pac For French Class
* Carte de St.-Valentin ♥ For French Class
* Mother's Day Project * Pac For French
.. Perfect for La Fête des Mères en mai. ..
Assessments & Projects & Activities
* Final * Exam For French 1
* Loto * Pac For French .. Review more than just numbers with this fun way to reinforce vocabulary, too. ..
* Proverb * Pac For French Class
* The Doctor * Is In For French Class
* Food Activity ~ Pass The Plate For French Class
* The Food * Pac For French Class
* Crossword Puzzle * Pac For French .. Perfect homework assignment to reinforce new vocabulary. ..
* Bulletin * Board Bonanza For French Teachers
* The Weather * Pac For French
* The Calendar Activities * Pac For French Class
* Battleship * Pac For French .. Good oral practice of verb tenses. ..
* Monster * Project For French Class
* Chutes and Ladders Verb * Project For French Class
* Country Map * Project For French Class
.. Easy for French 1 and makes a nice bulletin board or hall display of student work. ..
* End-of-Year Review * Activities For French
* Grammar * Pac For French Class ~ Set 1
* Grammar * Pac For French Class ~ Set 2
* Grammar * Pac For French Class ~ Set 3
* Fun End-Of-Year Awards For French Class
* Household Chores * Activities For French
* Geography * Pac For French Class
* Verb Activity * Pac For French
* La Fête du Chocolat
* Word Wise Vocab * Pac For French .. Nice for expanding the vocabulary of your AP French students. ..
* Photo Scavenger * Hunt For French Class
.. Nice for after the AP French Exam or for upper level students. ..
Great Films & Documentaries
* Movie * Pac For French ~ Set 1
* Movie * Pac For French ~ Set 2
* Feature * Film ~ Les Misérables .. You'll be on the edge of your seat till the very end. ..
* Rick Steves France * Ciné-Feuilles For French Class
* Feature * Film ~ Coco Avant Chanel
* Feature * Film ~ The Man In The Iron Mask
* Feature * Film ~ Chocolat
* Feature * Film ~ The Monuments Men
* Burt Wolf ~ Ticino, Switzerland
* Feature * Film ~ Vitus .. Good way to touch upon a different language area of Switzerland. ..
* Feature * Film ~ Influenza 1918
* Feature * Film ~ Joyeux Noël Merry Christmas
* Feature * Film ~ The Day of the Jackal
* Feature * Film ~ The Fabulous World of Fabergé
* Feature * Film ~ The Great War Christmas Truce
* Feature * Film ~ War Horse
* Feature * Film ~ Bizet's Dream
* Feature * Film ~ Cyrano de Bergerac
* Feature * Film ~ Flyboys
* Feature * Film ~ Darkest Hour
* Burt Wolf ~ What's Cooking In Switzerland
* Feature * Film ~ Au revoir les enfants ~ Goodbye, Children
Other Ready-to-Use Resources
* Flashback * Pac Grammar Review For Students of French, German, Italian, Spanish
* The Traveler's * Ten Commandments For FL Students .. It's free. ..
* Alphabet Games * Pac For French, German, Italian, Spanish
* Valentine's Day ♥ Trivia Game For French, German, Italian, Spanish
.. Perfect fun activity in February for your French Club. ..
* Eponym Activity For French, German, Italian, Spanish .. Works well as a sub plan, too. ..
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
* TEACHER TIP *
Did you know that you can earn TpT credits to be used towards future
purchases each time you give a comment on a product you have purchased ?
It's easy to do.
Just click the PROVIDE FEEDBACK button next to your purchase, both give a
rating & make a short comment so you receive a TpT credit.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
KEYWORDS Substitute lesson plan / Emergency lesson plan / Supply teacher plan / Sub plan for French / Substitute plan for French / ISS assignment / In-school suspension / Emergency plan for French