Thanks for checking out my “Upper Elementary Sub Plans!” Even though it’s great for a sub, this product has multiple uses – it’s perfect for those days that you need little fillers or extra activities, or to keep students engaged in learning or to use in math and ELA centers. The activities provided are enough for 1 week of plans, best for grades 4-6.
1.** Newly Added: Division Hop partner game
2. Roll a Word Problem – use the dice to come up with a problem to use in a word problem. Solve your problems on a piece of notebook paper. Trade papers and have students solve each others’ problems. (or do on another day)
3. Fraction Change Up board game – if students aren’t able to add fractions yet, they can convert to decimals.
4. Adding fractions dominoes game – give each pair of students the dominoes page and have them cut them out. Turn dominoes upside down. Each student chooses 2, creates their fractions and adds. Then, they check each other’s work.
5. Dominoes War – students play “war” with their dominoes. Divide dominoes in half. Each student turns over a domino. Student with the greatest number keeps the dominoes. If they are equivalent, both turns over another to see which new one is greater. The winner keeps all.
6. Divisibility Color by Number – use divisibility bookmarks to help “crack the code” if needed.
1. “Thunderstorm” by Emily Dickinson – poetry response sheet, comprehension questions (this can last for 2 days of reading)
2. Readers’ theater script with close reading worksheets – “The True Story of the Three Little Pigs”
3. Point of View task cards - Great for an ELA center or for a game of SCOOT!
4. Menu Board for student AR/free choice book
1. ** Newly Added - Vocabulary Task Cards - use with ANY vocabulary or spelling list, ANY content!
2. 5 Writing Prompts
3. “Choose a story” menu board
If you like what you see, I’d love to hear from you! You can leave feedback and earn TpT credits to be used towards free items. I just ask that you do not share this product with anyone; your purchase entitles you to use this in your own single classroom. You may refer colleagues to my TpT store to purchase their own, or you can purchase additional licenses at a discounted rate.
Hope you enjoy! If you have to use these for those days your not in the classroom, I hope it eases some of your stress!
Martha from “The Owl Spot”