Also included in
- Calculate It! Number Talks engage your students in mental math exercises that are meaningful as well as fun!Includes both a version for PowerPoint and a version for Google Slides™!*Click on the links below to view a preview of each number talk*Why Number Talks?Develop mental math skillsGive students$28.40$35.50Save $7.10
Students will determine quantity of dots by subitizing and identifying patterns.
Subitize It! Number Talks engage your students in mental math exercises that are meaningful as well as fun! 40 different slides give students plenty of practice with subitizing dot patterns!
Includes both a version for PowerPoint and a version for Google Slides™!
Why Number Talks?
- Develop mental math skills
- Give students the opportunity to explain and share their thinking
- Give students the chance to learn from their peers.
- Students develop greater number sense as they learn to manipulate numbers and approach problems from multiple angles.
- Students gain a better understanding of what the numbers actually mean, rather than just memorizing rote facts.
How to Use Number Talks
Detailed instructions are included in the file!
*Note: This product is meant to be used with an interactive white board.*
- Display slide on interactive white board
- Give students think time to complete mental math
- Give students opportunity to show and share their thinking
- Complete 1-3 slides daily (5-10 minutes total)
- Use as an opening or closing to your math lesson, or when you have a few spare minutes.
Distance Learning Tips
- Upload the slide show for students in your chosen platform
- Assign them a slide number to complete. They can write answers or give them verbally, depending on your format.
- Ask them to explain their thinking.
You might also enjoy these great resources:
If you have any questions about this product, please contact me before purchasing.
Thank you so much for your purchase!
Don't forget to check out my other classroom printables, and please return to leave some feedback!
Copyright © Amber Hock 2020
All rights reserved by the author.
This product is for your own classroom or homeschooling use only-NOT for commercial resale.