The subitizing cards found in this packet can be used in many ways. The definition of subitizing is the quick recognition of numbers and number combinations. When I use these with my students, I do not mix the packs; instead I pick the skill that I want to reinforce and use that particular group of cards. For example, if we are working on number recognition, I use the number pack. If we are working on quick recognition of dots on dice, we use that pack. If we are working on tally marks, we use the tally mark pack. I use the Domino dots and ten frames when we are practicing counting on and counting by tens.
I have found that my student’s number sense has improved tremendously since using these cards! These cards are open ended packs that can be put to use for many subitizing and number sense activities. The cards were created with varying skill levels so they work great with differentiated learning!
1. Number cards from 0 to 20
2. Dice Dot cards from 1 to 6
3. Tally Marks from 5 to 10
4. Domino Dot Cards for Number Combinations from 1 to 5
5. Number cards in increments of 10 for counting from 10 to 100
6. Domino Dot Cards for COUNTING ON from 10 to 16
7. Ten frame cards for COUNTING ON from 11 to 20
8. Base Ten Blocks for COUNTING ON from 5 and 10 to the number 20
PLEASE NOTE: These are just the cards; no activities or games are included. The cards can be easily adapted to many subitizing and number game activities that you already have.