Subitizing is recognizing an amount of objects without having to count. When we roll a dice, we don't need to count how many dots there are because our brain already has an image it can match with each number. Subitizing is an essential beginning step in building number sense. This file contains subitizing materials in a fun fall theme.
Included in this file:
- Ideas for use & how I use them in my own classroom
- Picture cards for 1 or 2 dice (to 12)
- Picture cards for dominoes (to 18)
- Picture cards for ten frames (to 20)
- Picture cards for random dot patterns (within 10)
- Picture cards for fingers (to 20)
- Number cards to 20
- "Draw What You Saw" (recording sheets for guided math or partner check)
Other seasonal subitizing sets:
Subitizing for September (Back to School)
Subitizing for October (Halloween)
Subitizing for November (Thanksgiving)
Subitizing for December (Christmas)
Subitizing for January (Winter)
February coming soon!
March coming soon!
April coming soon!
May/June coming soon!
Looking for more number sense activities?
Number Sense - More/Less Games
Number Sense - I Have, Who Has
Number Sense - Ten Frames Galore!
120 Charts & Number Lines
Number Sense – Rekenrek (Push Bead) Cards & Activities
If you have any questions, please ask before purchasing. Thanks so much for looking!
First Grade Kate