Also included in
- This bundle includes all 17 kindergarten math curriculum units. I have designed these units to be hands-on and exciting. I am a big believer in learning through play, and each center I have created encourages students to have fun while learning. I have also included response sheets and worksheets$77.00$110.00Save $33.00
Subitizing means looking at a group of numbers and recognizing how many there are without counting! It's such an important concept to teach young children as it builds upon their basic understanding of number.
This unit is packed with lessons, centers, printables and lots of easy to make hands-on activities. Simply add simple math manipulatives (or materials from around your house including buttons, beads and rocks!) and you will have ready to use subitizing activities.
- 2 weeks (10 days) of complete lesson plans including whole group and small group lessons
- poster with explanation of subitizing
- "Subitizing to 5 - Starting off" -> flash cards using 5-frame
- "Subitizing to 5 - Challenge" -> seeing numbers on a 5-frame in a variety of ways
- "Subitizing to 10" -> flash cards using 10-frame
- "Subitizing to 10 - Challenge" -> seeing numbers on a 10-frame in a variety of ways
- "Where Does It Belong?" -> identifying numbers on a 5- and 10-frame
- "Roll It! Cover It!" -> roll dot die (1 or 2) and cover matching numeral on mat
- "Roll It! Write It!" -> roll dot die (1 or 2) and write matching numeral on mat
- "Roll It! Build It!" -> roll dot die (1 or 2) and build tower on matching numeral on mat
- "How Many Fingers?" -> using your fingers to subitize
- "How Many Do You See?" -> a variety of posters to identify ways to see objects to 10
- "Clip It Cards" -> identify number of dots on card and clip correct number using a clothespin
- "Fun With Dominoes" -> use dominoes (also included in this pack) to identify numerals and match on mat
- "Rolling Beyond 10" -> use dice to create the number on a 5- or 10-frame in various ways
- "Show Me the Number" -> print these mats and use a provocation for students to show the number using objects
- ...LOTS of pictures and examples from my classroom!!!
***Please download the PREVIEW to see all that is included in this pack. This pack is appropriate for Pre-K, Kindergarten and Grade 1.***
You can also find this in my Kindergarten Math BUNDLE - Centers for the Whole Year pack at a huge savings!
Please come and visit me!
Thanks for looking!