This is a visually attractive step-by-step explanation and activity booklet on subject-verb agreement, starting with a fun, interactive activity using contemporary music and student participation.
This product contains:
1. Booklet:12 pages
2. Answer key: 12 pages.
3. PowerPoint Presentation (with embedded songs): 30 slides
All explanations are written in clear, simple and precise language. This resource can therefore be used in either home language or ESL classrooms. It is appropriate for students in middle school and high school freshmen.
The explanations start from the most basic concepts (what agreement is and when verbs must end in '-s'), and build to more complex exceptions such as:
- the verb 'is',
- collective nouns
- singular indefinite pronouns
- plural indefinite pronouns
- complex subjects
- 'or', 'nor', 'either... or' and 'neither... nor'
- 'with', 'like', 'as well as' and 'accompanied by'
- commonly grouped complex subjects
- sentences starting with 'here' and 'there'
- sentences starting with question words.
The booklet is designed for students to work in and keep as a resource.
If you like the product but would like certain parts altered, feel free to contact me for a quote on a customized product.