The lesson can be taught by you or a substitute in one to two class periods but I planned it to be taught as five mini-lessons, one for every day of the week. This allows students to absorb the concept and use it in sever al ways over a longer time period. In this way, the knowledge should stay with them. You could also teach each worksheet daily instead of duplicating the pages front to back. If you do this, the lesson takes seven days to teach. But, I intended these activities to be used first thing in class every day as a bell-ringer activity.
I think having all the little pieces in place such as knowing what is subject-verb agreement and what are shifts in verb tense is essential to strong, unambiguous writing. So, no matter what the age of your students, they can benefit from this lesson.
This lesson contains:
• All teacher instructions
• Handout and worksheet on “Subject-Verb Agreement” with KEY
• Handout and worksheet titled “More on Subject-Verb Agreement” with KEY
• Study worksheet titled “Changing Verb Tense” with KEY
• Handout and worksheet titled “Defining and Using Subject-Verb Agreement and Shifting Verb Tense” with KEY
• Worksheet titled “Recognizing Correct Subject-Verb Agreement”” with KEY
• “Quiz over Using Correct Subject-Verb Agreement and Correcting Shifting Verb Tense” with KEY
Have fun with this non-threatening way to learn subject-verb agreement and changing verb tense!
This lesson is also in a Bundle. Find it in my store under Trimester One.