Here is a ppt that has weather themed sentences for integration of ELA and Science standards.
Students are given Answer Mitts and color coded strips (Blue/Red).
As you move through the ppt ask students to respond only with their mitts to identify the underlined word as the Simple Subject, SS or the Simple Predicate, SP.
This allows 100% student engagement and response without students "yelling out" so that you can not effectively, formatively assess who understands and who does not.
The color coding is for YOU as the teacher for formative assessment. Color responses on the mitts quickly and efficiently allow you to SEE who is responding and how for immediate feedback and redirection of misconceptions.
1) Fold a piece of colored card stock in half "hamburger style."
2) Fold each edge up about 1 inch and staple the edges together on the far ends of the fold.
3) The stapled edges folded up should make a "ledge" for word strips to sit.
4) If your fold is too large, word strips will fall below the "lip of the edge" and you will be unable to see the words.
5) Students should be able to slip the mitt onto their hand and simply turn the wrists back and forth to answer and show the word strips as a silent response.
**You could use dry erase boards or simply hand out strips students hold up to respond versus making a mitt.**