This 2-page file includes a reading that's perfect for students to see the present subjunctive in context! It is a dialogue between two best friends who are university students looking for an apartment together. They use various subjunctive constructions including verbs and conjunctions to express what they and their parents wish for themselves.
The second page contains 8 true/false reading comprehension questions, an exercise where students have to underline all of the subjunctive forms, and a writing exercise for students to create 5 sentences expressing what they would like in a dream home.
You may also enjoy my Intermediate Reading Bundle. It includes all 10 of my top intermediate readings! - click here for savings!
1. A Competitive Family (comparatives)
2. Summer Fun (preterite and imperfect)
3. At a Wedding (preterite and imperfect)
4. At the Movies (preterite and imperfect)
5. On Vacation (imperfect only)
6. New Year's Eve (future tense)
7. The environment (por and para)
8. Apartment Hunt (present subjunctive)
9. A Birthday Party (present continuous)
10. University (conditional tense)