Co-ordinating and subordinating conjunction bundle. An extensive collection of powerpoints, task sheets, display material, support resources and teaching tools for enabling pupils to use subordinating conjunctions. There are over 100 task cards, 4 powerpoint teaching files, and a huge number of writing prompts to support the teaching of complex sentences. Editable as well as print versions are provided. Files type are PPT, PPT viewer, PDF, and Word.
- Introduction to conjunctions and subordinating conjunctions for teachers.
- Colour and black & white word cards (useful for display or for large scale sentence combining activities)
- Prompt sheets for pupils (ideal to have on desks).
- Memorable prompt resources e.g. AAAWWUBIS and FANBOYS.
- 3 x A3 sheets of example sentences.
- Reminder PPT for conjunctions.
- Powerpoints - subordinating conjunction AS; subordinating conjunctions for time; subordinating conjunctions for comparison; subordinating conjunctions for condition. These include example sentences for teaching and discussion, and prompts for writing activities.
- 2 x sentence combining activities.
- 100 task cards - e.g. spot the difference, which do you prefer, finish the sentence, multiple choice. These are designed in powerpoint - therefore they can be used as whole class teaching exercises or printed multiple slides to a page.
- A powerpoint of 14 pictures to prompt independent or shared writing. There are also example sentences (should they be needed) to go alongside these for teacher use. Ideal for whole class use, e.g. shared writing, or they can be printed and used for group writing tasks.
- Some texts for pupils to 'hunt' for the conjunctions / subordinating conjunctions.
It is hoped that the resources will spark great classroom conversations. As a UK teacher the contexts and spellings are designed wit UK pupils in mind. The editable files should allow teachers from other parts of the world to adapt the materials to suit other contexts.