This 18-page product includes six different items that can be easily left for substitute teachers. The minimum amount of time required is indicated for each item.
1. A poem analysis/Dickinson anticipatory set; 30 min.
2. An in-class film review assignment; 40 min. (film viewing NOT included)
3. Alternate film review assignment (can be used for absentees when a film was shown in-class); 40 min.
4. A short story analysis/southern-gothic anticipatory set (including the text of the story); 60 min.
5. A quiz/game assessing general knowledge across topics (a great discussion generator); 45 min.
6. A cross-curricular map activity incorporating multiple intelligences; 60+ min.
See this product's preview for more detailed information on each item.