When I was a first-year teacher, one of the first pieces of advice I got was to create a substitute binder! Being out of your classroom is stressful, but having a sub binder helps make the process much simpler. This substitute binder template will help you organize all of the information your substitute needs.
The binder is designed specifically with high school teachers in mind and is meant for short-term substitutes. High school subs often have a very brief amount of time to prepare for the day, so they cannot always read through pages of procedures. This template streamlines essential information so a short-term sub will not feel overwhelmed.
The template pages come in 5 colors, including a black and white version for the color-ink-impaired. Choose your favorite color or mix and match!
The ZIP file includes both Word and PDF versions of the template. The Word document is editable, and the PDF ensures that there are no formatting differences between computers. Additionally, I have provided a 2 page instruction sheet to help you navigate the document.
The substitute binder template is 10 pages total and includes the following:
- A binder cover page
- A page for you to write important names & phone extensions
- A page for you to write your daily schedule
- Two pages for essential classroom rules & procedures
- A page for student alerts
- A template for the substitute to leave notes
- Cover pages for your school emergency plans, class rosters, and lesson plans