Also included in
- The Sub Tub will help you manage those last minute substitute teacher plans. Keep “The Dojo Meter” in your Sub Tub or alongside your substitute plans for stress-free sick days! No more worries! No more stress! The Sub Tub includes: 1. a cover for your Sub Tub with editable directions on how to use$5.20$6.50Save $1.30
Keep “The Dojo Meter” in your Sub Tub or alongside your substitute plans. This EDITABLE behavior clip chart will hold your students accountable for their behavior in your absence.
The Dojo Meter is completely EDITABLE. You can choose your own point system as well as how you would like the order of the colors to appear.
Personally, I do not want to provide my substitute teacher with my username and password for Class Dojo since I use the messaging feature to communicate with parents.
Using The Dojo Meter will allow your substitute teacher to utilize your existing behavior plan in your absence. Your sub will thank you for this classroom behavior management system as they navigate through the school day.
EDITABLE fields are included so you can determine your own point value system. There are 7 colors to choose from. You can select each of the following behaviors to customize your Class Dojo Meter however you choose!
• Stellar Day
• Excellent Choices
• Great Effort
• Ready to Learn
• Think About It
• Make Better Choices
• Parent Contact
• title card
• Directions/Note for the Substitute Teacher
• Behavior Notice
• Positive Feedback Behavior Notice
The point value system is completely editable so you can customize The Dojo Meter to suit your classroom needs. You may choose to eliminate specific colors when printing as well.
As a bonus, I have included 2 parent contact forms that your substitute may send home to communicate student behaviors:
1. Behavior Notice listing specific behaviors that were disruptive throughout the day
2. Positive Feedback Form praising students for stellar behavior
When you return to school the next day, meet with the students and praise good behaviors, award the Dojo points earned and privately meet with those who lost Dojo points to reflect on how to make better choices.
I do hope this system alleviates the dread of coming back to your classroom after an absence…with a not-so-happy report about student behaviors and disruptions.
You may also like the following resource that will help you organize your substitute plans BEFORE you have to call in sick:
Please visit TheKFiles.com for additional resources and ideas for the primary classroom!
From my home away from home…
The K Files