Substitute Teacher Guide is more than a Survival Kit. It's everything you need to be a successful sub; with tons of tips, printables, teacher scripts, and lessons in every curriculum area.
You’ll get expert advice on subbing; from job interviews to really cool lessons, mastering technology to behavior management, so you’ll be calm and confident in the classroom.
Compiled by a long-term teacher who has observed hundreds of subs and teachers, and who also subbed for three years before teaching full-time, this is a detailed account of what to bring, do, and say when you sub.
• Keys to Success for the Substitute Teacher
• A go-bag for subbing
• Organizing the school day
• What to do and say during the entire school day
• Making a good first impression
• Mastering behavior management
• Teaching rules
• Presenting a lesson
• Lessons in reading, writing, math, social studies, science, art, and music
• Dozens of printables for fun, easy lessons
• Differentiating to meet kids’ needs—and your needs, too
• Brain Breaks, Callbacks, Behavior Charts and Awards to re-focus behavior
• Games kids love
• Trips, parties, special events, fire drills, medical emergencies, legal matters
• SMARTboard tutorial
• While You Were Out (letter to the regular teacher) EDITABLE
• A great job interview
• My Goals as a Substitute and My Teaching Philosophy (Editable Statements)
• EDITABLE Resources
• EDITABLE Generic Lesson Plans for a Regular Teacher’s Sub Binder
• BONUS: Counting to 100 Song MP3 to calm and focus kids
• NOT JUST FOR SUBS!
This Kit is also perfect for...
> Regular teachers--as a refresher course for yourself, or to set up a comprehensive sub binder for the substitute teacher on days you are absent. The generic lessons will last you a full year.
> Principals--as professional development for your staff
• The Subbing Kit is in 3 parts:
> Substitute Teacher Comprehensive Guide (141 PDF pages)
> Substitute Teacher Printables to use in the classroom (55 PDF pages)
> Editable Generic Lesson Plans and Resources for the Substitute or a Regular Teacher's Sub Binder (14 ppt pages)
I hope you find this Substitute Teacher Kit to be packed with useful tools and strategies for your classroom…and if you would kindly leave your rating and feedback at TeachersPayTeachers/ Substitute Teacher Kit
it would be greatly appreciated!
***** BONUS: You will get free credits to spend at TPT when you leave feedback *****
Thank you for your purchase!
You might also enjoy…
The Perfect Lesson Plan: checklists, charts, cheat-sheets, tips, class posters, lesson plans and lesson plan templates for K – 5
School Rules Pack
Counting Song MP3s for Relaxation and Behavior Management
Brain Breaks for the 5 Senses
Behavior Management Callbacks
Behavior Management Charts
© 2016 Renee Dawn (Please honor the copyright, for use by one buyer in a classroom setting)