Substitute Teacher Guide -Substitute Teacher Tips, Lessons, Printables, Behavior
What educators are saying
Also included in
- The Teacher Guide for Classroom Management will help you to be CALM and CONFIDENT in your classroom—with teacher scripts, lessons, posters, printables, tips, behavior management resources, and materials you will use all year.Includes 3 MEGA-RESOURCES and MORE…The Perfect Lesson Plan—and your best obPrice $52.00Original Price $89.00Save $37.00
Substitute Teacher Ultimate Guide is everything you need to be a successful sub; with tons of tips, plans, printables, teacher scripts, and lessons in every curriculum area.
You’ll get expert advice on subbing; from job interviews to really cool lessons, mastering technology to behavior management, so you’ll be calm and confident in the classroom.
Compiled by a long-term teacher who has observed hundreds of subs and teachers, and who also subbed for three years before teaching full-time, this is a detailed account of what to prepare, bring, do, and say when you sub.
NOT JUST FOR SUBS!
This Sub Guide is also perfect for...
Regular teachers--as a refresher course for yourself, or to set up a comprehensive sub binder for the substitute teacher on days you are absent. The seasonal crafts will perk up every month, and the generic lessons will last you a full year. You will return from your absence to a calm and orderly classroom.
Sub Tub or Binder for the Regular Teacher—an EASY-PRINT PDF.
Everything you need in one place!
The Substitute Teacher Ultimate Guide is Packed with Must-Have Treasures:
• Keys to Success for the Substitute Teacher
• A go-bag for subbing that will make your day flow easily
• Organizing your school day: Prioritize what MUST get done
• Making a good first impression to assert control and rapport with your class
• Mastering behavior management, including whole-class and difficult kids
• Teaching rules so they "stick"
• Routines and Transitions that run smoothly
• Classroom Management, step-by-step scripts, for every part of the school day
• Presenting a lesson effectively
• Creative Lessons in reading, writing, math, social studies, science, art, and music
• Asking High-Level Questions that will engage kids
• Dozens of printables for fun, easy lessons
• Graphic Organizers you can use over and over for Reading, Writing, and Math lessons
• Differentiating to meet kids’ needs—and your needs, too
• Brain Breaks, Callbacks, Behavior Charts, and Printable Awards to energize or calm kids, and re-focus behavior
• A great job interview: how to prepare for--and nail--your dream job
• How to present a lesson that will wow your administrator
• My Goals as a Substitute and My Teaching Philosophy - EDITABLE PPT
• How to create a Substitute Teacher's Portfolio
• How to create a Sub Binder that will last you for an entire year
And Much More…
• Multimedia tips to keep kids engaged (and buy you time to organize)
• Tips for trips, parties, school assembly programs, schoolyard recess, special events, fire drills, medical emergencies, and legal matters
• While You Were Out (letter to the regular teacher) - EDITABLE PPT
Interactive Whiteboard PHOTO tutorial includes:
• 9 pages of info and labeled photos, to help you navigate technology for a substitute's needs
• 10 ways to enhance your lessons with multimedia
• The labeled parts of an Interactive Whiteboard
• Which buttons to press
• Must-do and never-do Interactive Whiteboard tips
• How to open and write on an Interactive Whiteboard page using the IW pens
• How to prep MP4s for classroom viewing
• How to find and play videos and navigate videos using the computer system
• How to hook up a laptop to view files (if necessary)
• How and when to use your own USB drive and eject it safely
• How to navigate on the attached computer
Step-by-Step through an Entire School Day - Exactly What to Say and Do:
- Meeting Your Class
- A Good First Impression
- Greeting Your Class
- Connect to the Regular Teacher
- Calling the Class to Attention
- Calling the Class to Attention – Extreme Cases
- Crying Children
- Difficult Children
- Before You Begin the Lesson
- Routines and Transitions
- Coming to the Meeting Area
- At the Meeting Area – Behavior Management
- At the Meeting Area – Classroom Rules
- Brain Break Songs
- Line Up and Walking
- Calendar, Weather, and Morning Talk
- Read a Story
- Writing About a Story
- Kids Sit and Write
- Prepare for Lunch
- Transition: Back to Class
- Learning Centers
- End of the Day
- Your Letter to the Teacher
- After the Children are Gone
• BONUS: Counting to 100 Song MP3 to calm and focus kids
• EDITABLE Resources Include: Generic Lesson Plans for the day, Behavior Plan, Information for the Sub, While You Were Out letter, My Goal, and Teaching Philosophy
• EDITABLE Generic Lesson Plans for a Regular Teacher’s Sub Binder
• NEW! Over 20 additional pages of graphic organizers and activities.
• NOT JUST FOR SUBS!
This Kit is also perfect for...
> Regular teachers--as a refresher course for yourself, or to set up a comprehensive sub binder for the substitute teacher on days you are absent. The generic lessons will last you a full year.
> Principals--as professional development for your staff
The Subbing Kit has 5 separate files:
> Substitute Teacher Comprehensive Guide (150 PDF pages)
> Substitute Teacher Printables to use in the classroom (79 PDF pages)
> Editable Generic Lesson Plans and Resources for the Substitute or a Regular
Teacher's Sub Binder (15 ppt pages)
> Regular Teacher's Sub Tub or Binder (127 PDF pages)
> BONUS #1: Counting to 100 Song MP3 to calm and focus kids
> BONUS #2: Pandemic Teaching Tips
- Safety Rules for a Pandemic – Poster
- Online Learning Rules for Distance Learning – Poster
- How to Use the TpT Digital Tool to Assign Activities to Students
- Personal Health for Teachers
I hope you find this Substitute Teacher Ultimate Guide to be packed with useful tools and strategies for your classroom…and if you would kindly leave your rating and feedback at TeachersPayTeachers/ Substitute Teacher Kit
it would be greatly appreciated!
***** BONUS: You will get free credits to spend at TPT when you leave feedback *****
Thank you for your purchase!
You might also like…
The Perfect Lesson Plan -- Rock your observation lesson with checklists, charts, cheat sheets, tips, class posters, lesson plans, and lesson plan templates for K – 5
Behavior Management with Humor -- a creative approach to discipline in the classroom
Behavior Management Ultimate Guide -- a creative and comprehensive resource for behavior management that really works
Teacher Guide for a Great Classroom
First Days of Kindergarten Bundle
Kindergarten Creative Back To School Ultra Bundle – Lessons, Tips, Rules, Sight Words, CVC Words, Counting Songs, Behavior Management, and Bulletin Board Displays
How to Tie a Shoe: Photo Tutorial
Counting Songs for Relaxation and Behavior Management
Behavior Management Charts
Behavior Management Callbacks
© Renee Dawn (Please honor the copyright, for use by one buyer in a classroom setting)