Also included in
- The Teacher Guide for Classroom Management will help you to be CALM and CONFIDENT in your classroom—with teacher scripts, lessons, posters, printables, tips, behavior management resources and materials you will use all year.Includes 3 MEGA-RESOURCES and MORE…The Perfect Lesson Plan—and your best obs$65.00$89.00Save $24.00
Substitute Teacher Ultimate Guide is more than a Survival Kit. It's everything you need to be a successful sub; with tons of tips, printables, teacher scripts, and lessons in every curriculum area.
You’ll get expert advice on subbing; from job interviews to really cool lessons, mastering technology to behavior management, so you’ll be calm and confident in the classroom.
Compiled by a long-term teacher who has observed hundreds of subs and teachers, and who also subbed for three years before teaching full-time, this is a detailed account of what to bring, do, and say when you sub.
NOT JUST FOR SUBS!
This Kit is also perfect for...
Regular teachers--as a refresher course for yourself, or to set up a comprehensive sub binder for the substitute teacher on days you are absent. The seasonal crafts will perk up every month, and the generic lessons will last you a full year. You will return from your absence to a calm and orderly classroom.
Packed with Must-Have Treasures:
• Keys to Success for the Substitute Teacher
• A go-bag for subbing that will make your day flow easily
• Organizing your school day: Prioritize what MUST get done
• Making a good first impression to assert control and rapport with your class
• Mastering behavior management, including whole-class and difficult kids
• Teaching rules so they "stick"
• Routines and Transitions that run smoothly
• Classroom Management, step-by-step, for every part of the day
• Presenting a lesson effectively
• Creative Lessons in reading, writing, math, social studies, science, art, and music
• Asking High-Level Questions that will engage kids
• Dozens of printables for fun, easy lessons
• Graphic Organizers you can use over and over for Reading, Writing and Math lessons
• Differentiating to meet kids’ needs—and your needs, too
• Brain Breaks, Callbacks, Behavior Charts and Awards to energize or calm kids, and re-focus behavior
• A great job interview: how to prepare for--and nail--your dream job
• My Goals as a Substitute and My Teaching Philosophy - EDITABLE
• How to create a sub binder that will last you for an entire year
And Much More…
• Multimedia tips to keep kids engaged (and buy you time to organize)
• Tips for trips, parties, special events, fire drills, medical emergencies, legal matters
• While You Were Out (letter to the regular teacher) - EDITABLE
SMARTboard tutorial includes:
• 9 pages of info and labeled photos to help you navigate for a substitute's needs
• 10 ways to enhance your lessons with multimedia
• The labeled parts of a SMARTboard
• Which buttons to press
• Must-do and never-do SMARTboard tips
• How to open and write on a SB page using the SB pens
• How to prep MP4s for classroom viewing
• How to find and play videos and navigate videos using the computer system
• How to hook up a laptop to view files (if necessary)
• How and when to use your own USB drive and eject it safely
• How to navigate on the attached computer
• EDITABLE Resources Include: Generic Lesson Plans for the day, Behavior Plan, Information for the Sub, While You Were Out letter, My Goal and Teaching Philosophy
• EDITABLE Generic Lesson Plans for a Regular Teacher’s Sub Binder
• NEW! Over 20 additional pages of graphic organizers and activities.
• NOT JUST FOR SUBS!
This Kit is also perfect for...
> Regular teachers--as a refresher course for yourself, or to set up a comprehensive sub binder for the substitute teacher on days you are absent. The generic lessons will last you a full year.
> Principals--as professional development for your staff
The Subbing Kit has 4 separate files:
> Substitute Teacher Comprehensive Guide (150 PDF pages)
> Substitute Teacher Printables to use in the classroom (79 PDF pages)
> Editable Generic Lesson Plans and Resources for the Substitute or a Regular
Teacher's Sub Binder (15 ppt pages)
> BONUS #1: Counting to 100 Song MP3 to calm and focus kids
> BONUS #2: Pandemic Teaching Tips
- Safety Rules for a Pandemic – Poster
- Online Learning Rules for Distance Learning – Poster
- How to Use the TpT Digital Tool to Assign Activities to Students
- Personal Health for Teachers
I hope you find this Substitute Teacher Ultimate Guide to be packed with useful tools and strategies for your classroom…and if you would kindly leave your rating and feedback at TeachersPayTeachers/ Substitute Teacher Kit
it would be greatly appreciated!
***** BONUS: You will get free credits to spend at TPT when you leave feedback *****
Thank you for your purchase!
You might also like…
The Perfect Lesson Plan -- Rock your observation lesson with checklists, charts, cheat-sheets, tips, class posters, lesson plans and lesson plan templates for K – 5
Behavior Management with Humor -- a creative approach to discipline in the classroom
Behavior Management Ultimate Guide -- a creative and comprehensive resource for behavior management that really works
Kindergarten Creative Back To School Ultra Bundle – Lessons, Tips, Rules, Sight Words, CVC Words, Counting Songs, Behavior Management and Bulletin Board Displays
© Renee Dawn (Please honor the copyright, for use by one buyer in a classroom setting)