Let's be honest: subtracting mixed numbers with borrowing and renaming stinks! Kids find it confusing and too abstract. They can't always visualize what each step represents, and they don't want to write out each step.
Well, here is the bundle to make subtracting mixed numbers with borrowing and renaming EASY!
With this bundle, you will receive 7 items, including the following:
2-sided Introduction Worksheet
- Students shade models and try scaffolded, gradual release problems using the algorithm.
Text Me Worksheet
- Students are guided through each step in the process. This is great for homework!
Partner Search & Written Response
- Students match pre-made cards to represent mixed numbers, then follow up with a written response 1/2 sheet to articulate their understanding.
Roll & Solve
- Students work in pairs to create and solve subtraction problems and to determine when borrowing and renaming is needed.
Discover the Digits
- Students insert the digits 0 through 9 in order to make each subtraction problem true. These 2 worksheets are also great for homework!
- Students practice the prerequisite skill of converting mixed numbers into renamed mixed numbers in a fun, easy-to-play game.
- Students play a fun group game to practice a variety of mixed number subtraction problems, ranging from easy to difficult.
- This 5-question quiz with a key is fast way to see if your students have mastered this standard! It is a Word document, so you can easily edit it to suit your specific needs
Please check out the Preview to see what you will receive!
Special thanks goes to Kimberly Geswein
for the font! Check out her shop full of fun, cheerful fonts!