This printable packet is a very useful resource for any classroom that is learning about adding decimals. The printables in this packet are great options for classroom grades, homework, review or a as a unit assessment covering this topic!
Included in this printable packet you will find:
1. Subtracting Decimals to Tenths and Hundredths: This classroom printable is an 18 question classwork page or homework sheet that has twelve questions already set up vertically and lined up with the decimal for ease of operations in their first subtracting decimals activity. The last six questions are shown written left to right and the students must line up the decimal point and the other digits for accuracy which is a necessary skill when subtracting decimals. These introductory subtraction problems do not require regrouping as it is meant to instill the most important fundamental when adding decimals: lining up the decimal point and digits with the place value where it belongs.
2. Subtracting Decimals with Estimation: Estimation is a very helpful skill for your students to have when subtracting decimals and students will use the layout of this printable page to practice that skill. No regrouping is required on this page and will just focus on decimal subtraction as well as estimation. Students may find that estimation helps them answer each decimal subtraction problem with accuracy.
3. Decimal Addition with Regrouping: This is another 18 question worksheet in which students will be required to regroup most of these subtraction problems on the classwork or homework printable. All of the questions are subtraction with decimals to the tenths and hundredths place and do not include thousandths.
4. Decimal Subtraction Review: This 15 question printable will serve your children well as a review for the assessment included in this product or will work great as an extra classroom grade now that they should have a firm grasp on the concept at this time. Many of these questions require regrouping and skillfully lining up the digits as well as the decimal point.
5. Subtract Decimals Assessment (page 1): A comprehensive, 19 question assessment will provide an understanding of which students fully grasped this skill and which students may still need practice with this concept before moving on. This page has 15 questions that include varying levels of difficulty, regrouping or setting up the problem on their own.
6. Assessment (page 2): This page includes four word problems that relate to decimal subtraction and applying this skill to real world applications.
7. Center Activity / Groupwork – Annie’s Groceries: Students will be asked to tackle eight real world application problems with items at the grocery store. On the right of this page is a table with popular items you may find at the grocery store and the questions on the page will give real life scenario questions of customers with a starting amount of money and the items they will be buying. Students can work together to discover how much money each customer will have left after their grocery purchases.
***********If you have purchased my Decimals Skills Mega Bundle
do not buy this product! You already have it!***********
All of these resources come with answer keys so these printables will fit into your classroom seamlessly. Whether you need some extra grades for your students in assessing their knowledge of subtracing decimals or you are preparing for a more difficult decimal concept, you and your classroom will grealty benefit from using this product! Thank you so much!