The Subtraction Chart begins ranges in facts from 0-20. It was created to help cooperatively build and illustrate the growing patterns of subtraction sentences, as well as doubles and neighbors.
Best if printed on cardstock!
Each card is 2.88 H by 2.25 W.
(1) On butcher paper, create a chart with squares that measure 3 by 3.
(2) Pass out cards to students, but keep a few important ones for yourself.
(3) Model your thinking process for placing each card on the chart.
(4) Ask students to find a particular card, "Who has 3-1=2?" Then assist them in finding the correct location for their card.
(5) Repeat Step 4 a few times until students have the hang of it. Allow students to take turns glueing their cards to the chart.
(6) At the end, ask students to find color and/or number patterns on their chart.