These subtraction color by number games will be a blast for your students! The games are designed to be a fun mix of mastery, play, and creativity! By practicing mental math strategies appropriate for upper grades, students will develop stronger problem solving skills and increase subtraction fluency. Since problems are repeated in the game, students have multiple opportunities to practice effective problem solving strategies.
Save 25% by purchasing the Math Color by Number Bundle - Fun Partner Games
Not only are these NO PREP games super helpful for developing fluency, they are lots of fun to play! Each player chooses a bookmark to color and keep. On a turn, a player spins and colors in one correct space on h/her bookmark. Play continues until all answer spaces on both player’s bookmarks are colored in. The first player to color the last answer space on his or her bookmark is the winner, but both players get to feel like winners because they each get to cut out their unique bookmark and use it in a favorite book!
Twelve games are included in this set. Problems are included that may require the following strategies: Removal or counting back, adding up, and adjusting a number to create an easier problem, These are all common strategies for upper grades math/number talks lessons and are proven to help develop subtraction fluency. Expect some students to be able to use mental math to solve while others may require pencil and paper.
1. Playful Pups - Removal or Counting Back (2-digit no regrouping)
2. Happy Monsters - Removal or Counting Back (2-digit some regrouping)
3. Monkey Business - Removal or Counting Back (3-digit some regrouping)
4. Movie Time - Removal or Counting Back (3-digit some regrouping)
5. Fancy Flamingos - Adding Up (2-digit regrouping)
6. Honey Love - Adding Up (2-digit regrouping)
7. Smart Cookies - Adding Up (3-digit regrouping)
8. Koala Kisses - Adding Up (2 and 3-digit regrouping)
9. Coffee & Company - Adjusting to Create an Easier Problem (2-digit some regrouping)
10. Eat More Cake - Adjusting to Create an Easier Problem (2-digit some regrouping)
11. Feelin’ Froggy - Adjusting to Create an Easier Problem (2-digit some regrouping)
12. Techy Tools - Adjusting to Create an Easier Problem (2 and 3-digit some regrouping)
By purchasing this product, you own a license for one teacher only for personal use in your classroom. Licenses are non-transferable and cannot be passed from one teacher to another. If the teacher who purchases this license leaves the classroom or changes schools, the license and materials leave with that teacher. No part of this resource is to be shared with colleagues or used by an entire team, grade level, school or district without purchasing the correct number of licenses. Using this file, in whole or in part, to create another product, either free or for purchase, is prohibited.
All material included in this resource belongs to Ford's Board LLC. Included with purchase is a license to use the material, however you do not own the material. You may not upload any portion of this resource to the internet in any format.