Products in this Bundle (7)
showing 1-5 of 7 products
Subtraction Counters – Growing Bundle
This bundle will include 10 different Subtraction Counting activities. Currently 4 activities are available. The remaining activities will be added throughout the school year. Make sure to buy before the price increases! With each additional activity added the price will increase.
With each individual activity, students will solve 66 subtraction problems (all possibilities equaling up to ten). Working with one equation at a time, children will use the manipulatives on the counting mat to solve the problems. After the solution is found children will write the answer on the (preferably laminated) problem sheet.
In my classroom, I first introduce the activity at a math rotation/center. The next day my students will be able to find the activity in one of my busy boxes. (I always have busy boxes available for my easy finishers to work on). Throughout the next few months I rotate this activity into my math center every now and then for my children who need extra practice and who don’t make it to my busy boxes. Make sure get my Addition Counter Bundle to get a theme of each month of the school year!
What’s included in each activity?
· 2 counter mats (1 B&W and 1 colored)
· 2 sheets filled with manipulative counters (1 B&W and 1 colored)
· subtraction problems – all possibilities equaling up to 10
Our students are learning:
· - Understand the relationship between numbers and quantities; connect counting to cardinality.
· - When counting objects, say the number names in the standard order, pairing each object with one and only one number name and each number name with one and only one object.
· - Understand that the last number name said tells the number of objects counted. The number of objects is the same regardless of their arrangement or the order in which they were counted.
· - Understand that each successive number name refers to a quantity that is one larger.
· Represent addition and subtraction with objects, fingers, mental images, drawings, sounds (e.g., claps), acting out situations, verbal explanations, expressions, or equations.
· - Fluently add and subtract within 5.
· Write numbers from 0 to 10. Represent a number of objects with a written numeral 0-10 (with 0 representing a count of no objects).
· Fluently add and subtract within 10 using mental strategies. By end of Grade 2, know from memory all sums of two one-digit numbers.
· Count to answer “how many?” questions about as many as 10 things arranged in a line, a rectangular array, or a circle, or as many as 10 things in a scattered configuration; given a number from 1-10, count out that many objects.
· Use addition and subtraction within 10 to solve word problems involving situations of adding to, taking from, putting together, taking apart, and comparing, with unknowns in all positions, e.g., by using objects, drawings, and equations with a symbol for the unknown number to represent the problem.
Did you know? Working with manipulatives help children build muscles to strengthen dexterity.
Enjoy Subtraction Counters as much as I do? Look at others I have to offer.
Make sure to me to get the latest activities and lessons!!!