- This Four In a Row subtraction game combines strategic thinking with the learning of basic Subtraction facts and Math fun. It also provides players with the opportunity to practice solving algorithms using a variety of strategies which leads to fact fluency.
There are two game boards in this download.
You will Need:
1 game board printed and laminated
1 die (yes die is the singular, dice is the plural)
Colored counters for each player e.g. Player 1 = red Player 2 = green.
How to Play:
1. Player 1 rolls the die.
2. Player 1 answers the algorithm with the same number as shown on the die.
3. Place one colored counter on the answered algorithm if read correctly
4. The winner is the first player to gets 4 counters in a row either vertically, horizontally or diagonally.
Tips and Hints:
• The game works best with two player game.
• The game can be played without a die - children simply choose an algorithm to answer.
• Try playing best of three – it helps to reinforce number facts.
• Focus on strategies not the answers. 'How do you know your answer is correct?' 'How else do you know?'
Check Out My MEGA BUNDLE
It includes ALL
the great games in my store PLUS
every resource I make for the next YEAR
It is a book that just keeps on giving.
Take me to the Mother Load :-)