Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
1.03 MB | 3 pages
The Subtraction Rhyme Activity Packet is a quick cut and paste activity that gives students practice with recognizing whether a subtraction problem will or will not require regrouping (incorporating the subtraction rhyme). They will cut out/sort problems and then paste them into a flip book under the proper heading.
Construction Paper, Glue, Scissors (Ruler-Optional)
- Fold construction paper (any color) lengthwise.
- Mark (by drawing a pencil line) the folded construction paper in 3
equal sections (from fold to edge) (use ruler or "guesstimate"
- Open the construction paper and cut on the line just to the fold.
- You should now have a 3-section Flip Book. Glue the labels on
top and the solved problems inside the flip book in the
appropriate sections (See Example pictures)
This printable zip file packet includes:
1. - Subtraction Rhyme Label Sheet used to label each section of
the flip book (subtraction with regrouping, without regrouping,
and same numbers). (2 of each label per sheet).
2. -Pre-Solved Subtraction Problem Sheet contain problems of all
three types to be cut and pasted in the designated section of the
flip book (subtraction with regrouping, without regrouping, and
3. -(For Optional Use) UNSOLVED Subtraction Problem Sheet to
be used if you prefer to have students solve the subtraction
problems themselves prior to completing the cut and past
4. -Multiple pictures of the finished product.