Subtraction Smash is a fun game which helps students learn the concept of subtraction.
Subtraction Smash Mats, play dough, laminating sheets, dry erase pens and dice.
Instructions: Laminate one mat per student prior to use.
- Each student will need one mat, one die and some play dough.
- The students each roll 10 balls of play dough and place them on their ten frame.
- The students then roll the die to select a number from 1-6.
- Then the students ‘smash’ the number of balls that they rolled on the die.
- Finally, students record the subtraction problem they have solved.